Monday, February 10, 2014

Make A Wish

Hello!  I hope you all had a better Monday than I did.  I was in fender bender on the way to work this morning.  Nothing major, I am waiting to hear from the other driver's insurance company now.  Hopefully I can get my vehicle repaired quickly.

I did; however, accomplish to make three cards over the weekend.  One of which, was a card I started last week and never finished.  I found a pretty color palette that inspired me to create the card below.


I used some glitter, gold paper and gold ink on my card, which I took from the dress in the inspiration photo.  I finally found the perfect "sandwich" for my Grand Caliber that enabled me to emboss with a plastic stencil.  It's about time!  


You can find the blog post with the photo I used HERE.


What a great sketch from MFT!  So many possibilities with this one.
MFTWSC162
SUPPLIES:



Thanks so much for stopping by,
Heather

15 comments:

Shelley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shelley said...

Oh, I feel your pain. We had two claims on our insurance last year. I think we had a clean insurance record for over 25 years and then have two in one year! Not fun, but glad it was minor and everyone is OK. A sweet little card, with a big sentiment statement! Love your color choices and layers...and what? No stitching?

Katie Sims said...

What a sweet card...love your papers, of course and you really captured the inspiration photo in your card! This will make someone's day for sure...even if your day wasn't the best! So sorry about your car but glad everyone is ok! :)

Tricia T said...

I'm so glad you're ok, Heather! Your card is wonderful! Great colors and take on the sketch!

Lisa Elton said...

Good to hear you're okay Heather and I hope you get your car fixed soon! Your card is marvelous, love the shimmery gold and colors. Very pretty!

Stella said...

Good to hear you are ok but such a bad way to start the week. Your card is bright and happy. A beautiful color palette and I love what you did with the fishtails.
Hugs!

Ros Crawford said...

Sorry about your Monday ... mine was not good either but your card is beautiful ... makes me smile

farmhouse-story said...

so sorry about the car, heather, but, your card is adorable:)

Marsha Reed said...

Very pretty card, Heather. Sorry to hear about the accident. Glad you are okay.

Anonymous said...

This is very pretty girl, love the added gold banner.

Davi said...

Yikes Heather, glad to hear it wasnt to major but none the less frustrating I'm sure! This just seems to be one of those weeks for everyone! I love your take on the colors and way you used the sketch, a beautiful card :)

Leslie Miller said...

Sorry to hear about your fender bender. Bet if you could make a wish you'd wish it had never happened! Lovely color palette today! Pretty and soft with that splash of gold glitter -- gorgeous!

Maria said...

Sorry to hear about your fender bender! Hope your car gets repaired soon! Lovely card with pretty colors and banner! Have a great rest of the week!

Mona Pendleton said...

Such a pretty card! Love the fishtail banners and framed sentiment! Thanks for joining along with MFT :)

Lynnda said...

Oh no!... Sorry to hear about your fender bender....
I am loving the color palette... so pretty and so sweet! Love this card to bits... hugs...x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
site design by designer blogs