Saturday, November 16, 2013

You Are in Our thoughts and Prayers

Hello!  First, I wanted to say thank you to all who left me such sweet comments on my Flourishes release week posts last week.  It has been quite the week and I haven't had time to visit blogs or reply to my comments.

Unfortunately I had to make a couple sympathy cards.  My long time neighbor passed away last Saturday morning.  My neighbor and his wife lived next door to us for 6 years before we moved to Alabama.  Now they live just down the road, which feels like several miles sometimes.  He passed away suddenly due to complications of a health problem.  A coworker that I worked with for 6 years passed away in his sleep this week.  He was only 34 years old!  Then on Thursday my father's fiancee's daughter passed away suddenly due to an infection she picked up as well pneumonia.  She was only 23!


I wanted to make a pretty feminine card for my father's finance.  Her daughter was a beautiful young woman and I was inspired to create this for her.  I love the MFT felt!  It makes such pretty flat, flexible flowers that are perfect for mailing.  The leaves were die cut using some paper from DCWV that I picked up at my local JoAnn's craft store.




This one is for my friend and neighbor who's husband passed away.  Not that I couldn't give her a pink card for her husbands passing, but I think she will like the colors of this one better.


SUPPLIES USED:



I used the current sketch at MFT for both of my cards.  I SWORE that I ordered the Layered Treat Tag dies when I placed my order the other day.  I guess not because it wasn't on my order sheet.  Sigh.  I had to improvise and use a die that I already had.  I do not own the torn notebook die, so I used the scalloped border die from one of my blueprint die-namics sets.

MFTWSC150

Thanks so much for stopping by,
Heather


18 comments:

Sabrina Scrapbook said...

Sorry to hear about your loss, Heather. These cards are just so lovely.

Lisa Elton said...

My heartfelt sympathies and prayers Heather. Your cards are lovely, beautifully layered and will be greatly appreciated.

Ros Crawford said...

I'm so sorry about all the sad news ... what a terrible time ... It's unbelievably hard to lose anyone ... but young people ... that's the hardest to bear and nothing can be worse.
Your cards are beautiful ... My thoughts are with you ...

Tricia T said...

What a rough week! I know your cards will be appreciated. They are both so lovely and I'm sure they will be a comfort. I really like your take on the sketch, too!

Cheryl said...

OMGosh, Heather! I'm so sorry to hear about all the tragedies in your life right now! Your cards, however, are beautiful, and I'm sure they will bring comfort to your friends. As for the inLinkz link limit, I've been using Thumblinky, which is similar, and it works pretty well--no limits and free.

Stacey Schafer said...

these are BEAUTIFUL, Heather! love your mix of papers and dies!

Kathy Jones said...

Oh Heather, I'm so sorry for all the losses you've had in such a short space of time. Your cards are beautiful and I'm sure the recipients will treasure them and the love that goes with them.

Davi said...

So sorry to hear about all the loss you are experiencing Heather! Times like this are never easy but your beautiful cards obviously made with tender love will be comforting to the families Im sure!!

Silke Ledlow said...

Oh Heather...I'm so sorry to hear about all the losses! I know your cards will put a smile on their mourning families faces! Hugs ~S~

Deborah Frings said...

Heather - I am so sorry that you've had to make two sympathy cards - it's always so difficult to make these cards. But they are lovely and I'm sure that they will provide much comfort to the families. Hugs xx

Maria said...

Heather, so sorry to hear about the losses! Your cards are very lovely and thoughtful! They will surely bring a smile on the face of the receiver!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, no, that's a lot of tragedy in a short period of time. Devastating to the families and heart wrenching for all the folks like you who cared about them. These cards are both absolutely lovely and your thoughtfulness will be appreciated. My heart goes out to you and all who are touched by this sadness.

Lynnda said...

Hi Heather....Sorry to hear about your loss...These cards are just so lovely... Love them... hugs..x

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

Oh I love how you used this sketch, it's fabulous. Sorry that you need the sympathy cards though :(

Mona Pendleton said...

Such pretty cards Heather! I'm sorry for your loss. Thank you for joining along with MFT :)

Dawn Easton said...

Oh my gosh, I'm sorry to hear about so many passing! So very sad. Hugs to you!!

Your cards are lovely and I'm sure they will bring peace to the recipients.

TLady said...

OH MY HEATHER!!! SO SORRY TO HEAR OF ALL YOUR LOSS!!! :( I'm SURE your cards will BLESS those that are hurting right now!!! I LOVE your little felt flowers! (NEED to get some of those dies!) AND CONGRATS to your winner!!!!!!!!:)

Also, I thought I'd let you know, I subscribed to your blog, but haven't been getting any updates of your posts! :( Thought you might like to know!

Sue Lelli said...

BOTH are just fantastic sympathy cards! LOVE both color palettes, Heather!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
site design by designer blogs