Thursday, January 27, 2011

You Inspire Me/Card Patterns

Hello my sweets.  I am just getting over a nasty stomach bug that ripped through our family faster than anything I have ever seen.  Each day another person got sick.  First my son on Monday, then my dad and husband the next day and then my mother and I Wednesday night.  I have never seen something that contagious before.  My son was only around my parents for an hour on Monday and they ended up sick too.  YUCK!!
Any who...on to my card.
 I made this card using the new sketch at Card Patterns.  I actually made this card days ago and just ended up posting other cards.  Can you tell I am loving my new Spellbinders Dies?  I have wanted this Lacy Circles die since it came out.  I am not waiting so long to get the new release this time.  I found a great place to get Spellbinders Dies and Just Rite stamps for a good price and free shipping Scrap Mart.  I like to share when I find something or somewhere I like to get supplies.  I love it when others share too.
I also finally used one of my new flowers from Reccollections at Michaels  I also used my Craft Seam Binding from Martha Stewart.  They had all her ribbon on Clearance.  I never even saw the seam binding before that day.  How sad.  I have also been putting off using my Fine Linen cardstock from PTI.  I loved the ribbon and button colors...but not the cardstock color so much.  It worked very well for the October Afternoon papers since they are heavily aged already.


I am off to take a nap.  I am still weak from that darn bug.  I hope you all have a wonderful day.  It is warming up here and sunny.  We are going to have temps around 56 by Saturday.  I can't wait.

Thanks so much for stopping by,
Heather

33 comments:

Leah said...

So pretty Heather. I love that Ocotber afternoon paper. I am with you on the fine linen cardstock color, not a fan. Glad you are feeling better, stomach bugs are one of the worst. Hugs...

Lynnda said...

Omy gosh Heather this card is so so sweet...I still hoard that OA pp...LOL...hugss..xoxo

Beate said...

I am sorry your family got sick that fast. Sounds like a nasty bug. I hope it went away again just as fast.
Your card looks beautiful, like all your work. Great take on teh sketch.
Hugs and smiles

Viola Mahr said...

feel better soon, heather :) ... and what a happy card to post today... the flower is beautiful.

bethann d said...

so glad i found your blog, you can thanks Becca from Amazing Paper Grace, sending stamp love.

Rizzi said...

OH HEATHER, I AM SO SORRY YOU AND YOUR FAMILY GOT SO SICK.
I AM SO GLAD YOU ARE ALL FEELING BETTER, IT TAKES A LOT OUT OF YOU. RELAX, AND ENJOY YOUR CRAFTING. YOUR NEW CARD IS LOVELY, LOVE THE COLORS.
PRETTY FLOWER, HAVE A GOOD DAY.
RIZZI

Marlies said...

You have made a beautiful card even though you are not feeling well. Lovely paper! Hope you and your family soon feel better again.
hugs, Marlies

Lindsay said...

So glad you are on the mend! Being sick is the pits! This card, however, is darling! I love every vintage thing about it!

Jean Franks Beck said...

Lush and beautiful!

Kelly Massman said...

What a beautiful card! I came over from Amazing Paper Grace.

Meredith MacRitchie said...

Heather, this is beautiful! I love your DP's, and that seam binding is lovely! :)

farmhouse-story said...

hope you feel better soon, heather:) i really love that scalloped circle die-i'll go check out scrap mart-tfs! beautiful card, as always!

janey said...

Heather - Becca at AmazingPaperGrace.com is Sharing the Comment Wealth and I picked you.

So nice to look at blogs of people who also enjoy Becca's talent. I have enjoyed looking through your creations and I will be back. Also, thanks for the tip of Scrap Mart.

Andrea M said...

Gorgeous Heather! Truly beautiful!

Corrie said...

Becca at AmazingPaperGrace.com is Sharing the Comment Wealth and I picked you. What a beautiful card, I love the lacy circles and I got them for Christmas. Thanks for sharing

Mona Pendleton said...

Gorgeous card Heather! I love the green lacey circle and that flower looks so pretty! I warned you about ScrapMart! VERY ADDICTING! :) LOL

Carolina said...

Gorgeous in every way...love what you did with the sketch!

Ros said...

Lovely card again Heather ... sorry you got the bug ... hopefully you are all ok now ..

Gerdine said...

The sentiment on your card shows exactly what it does to me ;)

Sudha said...

Get well soon dear.
Beautiful work dear. Love the flower.

anja curvers said...

Such a lovely card love those colors and that flower is beautiful. Thanks for playing at cardpatterns.

Linda R said...

Love your card, the colors are gorgeous and the flower is beautiful! Becca at AmazingPaperGrace.com is Sharing the Comment Wealth and I picked you. Enjoyed looking at your creations. Will be back.

Stella said...

I hope you are feeling a bit better now. And I also hope there will be enough time for you to craft this weekend because this card just blew me away ( I don't have that much chairs left hee hee :) !!)
Your choice of papers is stunning and your embellishments are always elegant. Perfect!
Hugs,
Stella
X

Suzanne C said...

Well I hope you are all feeling better soon! Your card is beautiful!Lovely papers and flower. I am loving my lacey circle too!

Tracy said...

I never get tired of seeing those October Afternoon papers. Lovely card Heather and thanks for the ScrapMart tip. Looks like they're out of the Lacey circles but I'll keep checking back. Great prices!

Geri said...

Lovely card, Heather! So sorry you all got hit by the bug--that's just no fun! I'm anxIous to check out Scrapmart--thanks for sharing that!!

Buffy said...

Soft and delicate, truely beautiful card Heather. Hope you and yours are all over the worst of the season.

~amy~ said...

ugh, sorry about the flu bug heather...I hope that you are feeling better and getting plenty of rest! I ADORE your card...you know me and colors/patterns!!!!! Such a gorgeous card! Thanks for joining us at Card Patterns!

Monique said...

Yuck..Stomach flu is the worst!! I hope everybody is feeling better... Beautiful card Heather..Love the PP and your flower is gorgeous..:)

Betty Wright said...

Wonderful mix of papers and colors, Heather! Lovely card! I need to go check out these flowers at Mike's too!

Laura Kirste Campbell said...

HOpe you're well now. Sweet hugs to you.

Love your cards!!!

Melisa Waldorf said...

I LOVE this combo of DP Heather! Very pretty!

Jen Adcock said...

No, no. no...You inspire me! This is so pretty. Gosh what would your cards be like if you where well if this is you feeling unwell? Such amazing talent and so inpiring. Thank you for this.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
site design by designer blogs