Thursday, January 13, 2011

Love Is The Thread That Binds Us Together

Hello my sweets.  Have you had a good week so far?  Well, my son has had the whole week off from school because of the little amount of snow we got overnight Sunday.  I guess there are no plows to plow the roads so we just have to wait for it to melt.  We did have a very sunny day today and it melted a good bit of the snow, but it is going to be 11 degrees F tonight and what melted will be frozen ice in the morning.  Sooo...I stayed in, made some Cranberry Orange muffins and had a big cup of coffee with my son and we watched Martha Stewart.  hehe  Then I decided to make a pretty card that can definitely pass for a Valentines card if I want.
 Remember my post on Saturday where I told you that you would be seeing more of my "old stuff"?  Well, I pulled out my Just Rite set that I only used one time.  I love this set and I am just blown away that I only used it once.  I am not doing this anymore.  If money grew on trees I suppose I wouldn't mind.  I am a great gardener ya know.  Too bad they don't make money trees.
 I saw a few girls use this sketch and loved the whole layout of it.  So I got out my oh so pretty and soft toned Basic Grey Capella paper and my Just Rite Stitched with Love set and went to town.  What do you think?   Like it?
 Here is the fabulous sketch that Karen has for you over at Sweet Sunday.  You have until 10 pm Friday Mountain time if you make to make a card for this sketch.  So hop to girls!!  :)

Thanks so much for stopping by,
Heather

29 comments:

Lynnda said...

Heather... this is so beautiful... love the colors ...and the PP... so sweet... And I adore your BOW so much!!!... simply beautiful... xoxo

Susan Hogan said...

Yes, very soft5 and sweet and the colours are so romantic it will certainly pass for a Valentines Day card, or an engagement or wedding card.

papertrails leaver said...

Oh how lovely this is Heather!

Denise said...

This is absolutely lovely. Your style and color palettes always leave me in awe. Just beautiful.

Monique said...

What beautiful papers Heather, Love the warm vintage feel :)

~* steph :) *~ said...

beautiful card, heather! so sweet and pretty! thanks for sharing and have a great day! *hugs* steph :)

Stella said...

Your soft and chio colors are always amazing. The papers you've used turned this sketch into a elegant and gorgeous card. Those floral papers are stunning and I that bow is the perfect finishing touch. Fabulous :)!!
Hugs,
Stella

Home and Heart said...

How can you NOT like it? Hope you are well!

Lindsay said...

Oh yes I love it! You did a fabulous job with that image! It's lovely, as is the rest of your card!

Ros said...

I think it's gorgeous ... soft and sweet and oh so pretty ...

Robin Thomas said...

Love this sentiment so much. Hope you are warm and well.

Krista said...

Your card is gorgeous ! Great job !

PapierGirl said...

Beautiful - I love that stamp and I know what you mean about using something once and back on the shelf it goes...I'm guilty! :) I just thought about that last night and I decided to make a card a day (well maybe a week) using my PTI stamps - we'll see! teehee

Jodi Collins said...

This is BEAUTIFUL Heather! LOVe the soft colors, your coloring and the placement of the button/bling on the focal image!

Tenia Nelson said...

So so pretty!!!

Dawn B. said...

Wow..girl this is beautiful. I am trying to use my old stuff too. My NY resolution. We have not had any school this week. My son is so bored. Our snow is finally gone today. I want to come for muffins. They sound yummy.

Mona Pendleton said...

Very pretty card Heather! One of my favorite JR sets! You did an awesome job coloring the image!

Joanne Leddy said...

Soft, subtle, and oh so sweet ... just how I like (make that LOVE) this! Absolutely gorgeous - the papers, the stamps, the perfect little embellishments ... sigh. Thanks for sharing!

Tracy said...

This is lovely Heather! I just used that paper line to make a mini and it is soooo pretty. That stamp set is really cute. Glad you re-discovered it. :-)

Laura Kirste Campbell said...

Oooo, a beautiful Heather-styled card! Love it!! So pretty!

11 degrees! My goodness, that's way too cold! We've had three "big" snows (3") that stayed for over a a week each. That's so unusual here. It's been fun, as long as we can be mobile.

Stay safe, warm and creative!

HUGGS!

Rizzi said...

A VERY PRETTY CARD, I LOVE THE COLOR OF THE RIBBON. GREAT WORK, AS ALWAYS. HAVE A NICE WEEKEND, AND YES I'LL HAVE ONE OF YOUR MUFFINS, THEY SOUND DELICIOUS. RIZZI

Rizzi said...

JUST ME AGAIN..I FORGOT TO TELL YOU, I LOVE YOUR HEADER. IT IS JUST BEAUTIFUL. RIZZI

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, Heather, this is beautiful! And, you know... I have this adorable set and have never used it. It's one of my all-time favorite JustRite sets, too. I just love what you did with it.

farmhouse-story said...

heather, this is so very darling! beautiful colors mixed with your lovely style--perfect!

Jenny said...

Sooo pretty Heather, love it!! great colors! :) :) :) have a great weekend!!

Suzanne C said...

So pretty! Lovely image and pretty colors!

Unknown said...

Stunning and romantic, Heather! Lovely colors and beautiful image/sentiment!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Beautiful lace, soft tone, this is totally a heather's card, lovely!

Unknown said...

This is charm!!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
site design by designer blogs