Monday, January 24, 2011

I Love Being Your Friend Because...

I love being your friend because we can talk for hours.  I love that we both share the same interests and ideas.  I love that we have kids the same age.  I love that we could go to dinner every Friday night and go shopping at all the craft stores.  I love that our husbands went to school together.  I love that you would do anything to help me out if I needed you.  I loved that you shared your family holidays with my little family when we lived so far from my whole family.  You are a true friend forever and I miss you.

 I made this Valentine's Day card for my BFF back in Iowa.  I hate that we had to move so far away.  She was my craft buddy, shopping partner, and a listening ear when I needed one.  You must have one best girlfriend.  Life is miserable without one.
 I used my pretty Basic Grey Bittersweet and Basics Manilla papers.  I also used my NEW Spellbinders Eyelet Circles die.  This is the first time I have colored with my Copics on Kraft paper.  I really like how it turned out.  I used a white gel pen for the head pins and flower. 



 
 A little tutorial for you all:
I decided to show you all how I stitch on my cards.  There are 2 ways you can do it.  Sew all layers through the cardstock, or I sew the paper layers through the first layer of cardstock only.
 See how it looks on the back.
 Then I take my craft tweezers and pull the strings through to the back, and trim.
 Then I adhere the top layer to the main cardstock card base.  Then you have a nice clean card on the inside without all the stitches in there.  This, I found out by trail and error.  Lots of error on my part.  :)

This is the fabulous sketch I used from Mojo Monday.  I also made this card for this weeks challenge at Just Rite called "Love is in the Air".  They have an amazing prize package up for the grand prize winner.
I will be back tomorrow to share another card.  I am on a roll.  I love being ahead.
Thanks so much for stopping by
Hugs,
Heather


34 comments:

Handmade Creations by Stephanie said...

Very pretty Heather hope you are doing well!!!!

Kathy Martin said...

Wish I had your bow tying ability! And I tie good bows! Yours are just a notch above! :)

Anonymous said...

BEAUTIFUL card!!! TFS! -Sam :-)

btw-we share the same last name :-)

Mona Pendleton said...

What a sweet card Heather! Love that JR stamp/SB Eyelet Circle combo :)

PapierGirl said...

Beautiful as always - I love that stamp and the Spellbinders die is wonderful! Have you caught a glimpse of what's to come from them this CHA release? I'm going to be in debt up to my ears! :)

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

Beautifully done -- very vintage and pretty! So glad you could play the JustRite Challenge this week!

~* steph :) *~ said...

beautiful card, heather! love the stitching and colors. thanks for sharing! *hugs* steph :)

Meredith MacRitchie said...

I saw Mona do this challenge,and was so inspired to make a card for a friend that sounds so much like the one you're missing so much. I think this is beautiful, and she will definitely love it - but it will make her miss you even more :)

Thanks for the visual on stitching... some day I plan to break out the machine and put away the gel pens... :)

papertrails leaver said...

You had me laughing when you said lots of trials for the sewing! Still working on it here! Cute card you made! Like the white gel pen! :-) Amy

Tracy said...

Your card is just lovely Heather and your friend will love it! I haven't tried the Copics on kraft yet Looks great! Thanks for sharing this with us. :-)

Cindy Lee said...

This is so so lovely, Heather! You have great eye for colors :) I wish to own a sewing machine someday.

Lynnda said...

BEAUTIFUL card....Heather... I adore all your cards... eeiii...xoxo

miss vio said...

oh heather!! I guess you really do miss your bff... i hope you get to see her often.. :) yes what's a girly to do without her friends?
your card is awesome-cute.. and THANK YOU for showing the sewing part, so very cute :) I'm kind of messy like this: I like to see the sewing on the inside :) ha! but your way is really neat.

Pauline said...

What a wonderful tribute to your best friend, I should think she misses you too! A very pretty card, love the papers and the colouring on kraft looks great. Thanks for the stitching tute, I got a sewing machine for xmas but it's still in it's box - I need to get it out and have a play, but I'm not feeling brave enough!

Same here about the Twilight series, can't wait til the next film :-)

Ros said...

Your friend will love this Heather ... beautiful card and beautiful post ...

~amy~ said...

such a pretty card heather...love the copic coloring on the kraft!

Unknown said...

Oh'' Heather this is such a pretty and wonderful card for you sweet friend!! I sure you miss her lots but she will be so happy when she receives this stunning card from her best friend, I just love everything on this card your creations are always amazing, thanks for the Tutorial also, Heather you will always be BFF no matter were both of you are world chum, lots Hugs
Sarah x

Marlies said...

Lovely card Heather and a realy lovely stamp, never seen that here. Your friend will be very pleased to receive this card.
hugs, Marlies x

Silke Ledlow said...

Heather, your BFF is gonna love this sweet card and boy is she lucky to have you as her friend! Hugs ~S~

farmhouse-story said...

be sure she reads this post, cuz she will love it! i really like that sketch, too. your card is darling, heather:)

cnelson said...

Incredibly sweet and ohhhhhh sooooo lovely!!

Sudha said...

Beautiful card dear. Thanks for the tutorial.
Thankyou dear for ur sweet comment on my blog.
Dear check ur mailbox, I send a mail to u earlier.

Lindsay said...

I love this card Heather! It is so lovely! I am so sorry that you are missing your friend. That has to be very difficult!

Deborah Frings said...

Heather - this is a beautiful card, and I'm sure your friend will love it. It's tough when you're away from friends.

Unknown said...

Such a lovely card for your BFF! Thanks for playing in the JR and Mojo challenges this week!

Rizzi said...

A VERY LOVELY CARD FOR YOUR BEST FRIEND, I ALSO HAVE A BEST FRIEND, HER NAME IS CARMEN, I DON'T SEE HER AS OFTEN AS I LIKE, BUT WERE GOOD FRIENDS. HAVE A NICE WEEK.
RIZZI

Stella said...

Your BFF will love it; it;s such a beauty.The combo of pink and kraft is one of my favorite and looking at this I can say that you created a stunning card with it!
Hugs,
Stella

wannabcre8tive said...

This is so pretty, I love the pin and the beautiful bow.

Leslie Miller said...

Gosh, you are on a roll! You're on such a roll that I've missed a lot, and it's all gorgeous! I agree about needing that one special girlfriend. I've had one for 30+ years, as well as several others I know I can always turn to. Each one fills a special place.

Jodi Collins said...

How beautiful! I am sure she will LOVE this Heather!

Sue Lelli said...

Simply GORGEOUS! I'm going to see my BFF next week and I can relate totally to how you feel. She will LOVE this very special card! LOVE the copics on Kraft! Also GREAT tutorial on stitching!

Andrea M said...

Gorgeous card Heather! Great coloring on kraft - I love the way it looks! Thanks for sharing the stitching tips!

Suzanne C said...

So pretty! Love the the stitching and layers of paper. Sorry that you had to leave your BFF behind but I am sure you talk on the phone and send email. :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for participating in the JustRite Friday Challenge!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
site design by designer blogs