Saturday, January 29, 2011

CR84FN 13/ For You Friend

Hello my sweets.  I had a lovely day today.  The temps were close to 70 and the sun was shining.  My son and I took a 2-3 mile walk on the walking/biking trail in our neighborhood and stopped at the park in the middle for a little break/play time.  I was shocked how many people were out.   I also think everyone in the neighborhood owns a dog except for us.  The big park in the middle also has a dog park and disc golf course so it attracts a lot of people.  The birds were singing and I got a little natural Vitamin D that was greatly needed after this cold winter we have had.  Now it looks like it will be 30 next weekend.  I am bummed.

I am back tonight to share with you my card for this weeks color challenge at CR84FN.  I have to admit these colors together are not ones I would normally use.  The turquoise and brown yes, but not the red.  I seriously don't have any red patterned papers.  I do like how it turned out though.  Just a touch of red.

 I used my new stamp set from PTI called Mat Stack 2.  I love all the pretty scroll designs in this set.  I also decided to use the same LO of a card I made a while back that you can find HERE.
 The butterflies stamped at the bottom are from the PTI set called Butterfly Dreams (one of my all time favs) and the heart is from the set Just For You.


Don't forget to stop by the other girls blogs and see what they have created for your viewing pleasure.

Thanks so much for stopping by,
Heather

22 comments:

Elise said...

THOSE fantastic colors together and your mighty talent ...purrrrrr, purrrrrrrrrr, purrrrrrr! Me likey! This card is pure perfection, sweet girl! It's ALMOST as good as some of your samples I saw today IN REAL LIFE! Ack! {;o)} Want2scrap at CHA - you're a rockstar! Yipeeeee!

farmhouse-story said...

please send some of your great weather up here! still freezing:) turquoise, hmmm, might have to go shopping:) really love that pop of red!

Deborah Frings said...

Heather - I'm envious of the wonderful weather!! This is such a delicate and pretty card - I like the tuquoise butterflies, and the lace too. And the flourish around the greeting is fabulous. And that pop of red - really works!! Fab!!

Ros said...

You did a fabulous job with this challenge ... please please please could you share some sunshine and heat???

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful! Lovely and elegant. The paper is so pretty as a background to your sentiment.

Silke Ledlow said...

Heather, this is so beautiful! Love the soft look of it...perfect take on the color combo! Hugs ~S~

Mona Pendleton said...

Very pretty card Heather! Love that layered label and the splash of red!!

Stella said...

I am so glad to read that I am not the only one stuggling with red..... But you did a fabulous job with it. So lovely and I am so thankful that all the DT members are able to create a beautiful card; thank you for the GORGEOUS inspiration!!! It's another beauty; as usual and I love it!

We had a sunny day but still freezing cold. But I am so happ y tah there is no snow; and i am soooooo ready for spring! :)

Hugs,
Stella

Unknown said...

Stunning as always papers so pretty and just love your layout too a beautiful make Heather Hugs
Sarah x

Rizzi said...

OH, I LOVE YOUR COLORS....I LOVE BLUES....YOUR TURQUOISE IS LOVELY. YOUR CARD IS SO NICE HEATHER. HAVE A LOVELY WEEK. RIZZI

PapierGirl said...

I love these colors and you worked your magic - your card is beautiful! Lovin' that stamp set from PTI (Mat Stack). I have one, but haven't used it yet - hopefully before next release! :)
Lucky you - 70's?!? Still damp, cold, grey and dreary - blizzard will hit Tuesday afternoon into Wednesday - they are predicting 12-18 inches! I hate Chicago weather! :(

Dawn Cosgrove said...

Very pretty card! Its beautiful! Love the hint of red, its a great touch!

Sue Lelli said...

Heather, LOVE how you stamped the butterflies at the bottom and used the turquoise and brown as your focal colors and added the red mat and heart! Such a PRETTY card!

Sudha said...

Wow, beautiful work dear.

Lisa Somerville said...

How pretty! The Scroll design looks wonderful with your other images and papers!

Anonymous said...

if there are three things I love,

walking along a trail
with a dog

and Heather's card creations!

ciao bella
Creative Carmelina

Unknown said...

Sweet card, Heather! Love the dramatic pop of red with the mat and heart!

Meredith MacRitchie said...

This mat stack set is quickly becoming a favourite for me, because it's so elegant... I just love your card, I love how you layered your die cuts... makes me want the other mat stack now! :)

ellepaulette said...

What a lovely card!!

Andrea M said...

So beautiful Heather! I love, love, love those DPs!!! The lace is so pretty too!

Dawn B. said...

Heather this turned out great. LOVE these colors together. It was gorgeous here this weekend too.. I miss it already.

cnelson said...

So sweet and lovely!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
site design by designer blogs