Thursday, February 18, 2010

2 Sketches 4 You


Hello again.  Unfortunately I had to make a Sympathy card for my mom last night.  My Aunt...her sister passed away on Valentine's Day.  I knew I wanted it to be soft and I think the butterflies were fitting for this type of card. 
My Aunt Rosie was a crafty gal herself.  She liked to crochet and bead as well as a few others.  Life is too short!  Remember to take that extra minute or two each day to tell your family and loved ones how much they mean to you.  You just never know when the last time will be. 




I thought the colors at Curtain Call were just ther right ones.  Are they beautiful or what?
Supplies:
Cardstock: PTI/ Vintage Cream & mustard color is unknown
Patterned Paper: Cosmo Cricket
Felt: local craft store
Die: Spellbinders( felt flower)
Butterfly: Cricut / Indie Art (big) and MS punch (small)
Stamp: PTI/ Bloooming Button Bits
Button: Basic Grey
Floss: DMC

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave me a comment.  I appreciate all the kind words you leave me.

Heather



16 comments:

Jenny said...

Sorry to hear about your Aunt *hugs* ... life is way too short. Pretty card!

Mona Pendleton said...

Sorry for your loss Heather. This is such a beautiful card & I am sure it will bring happiness to your Mom

Stacey Schafer said...

Sorry for your loss, Heather. It's so hard to lose a loved one.

Wow!...this is gorgeous! I love the lace trim and all the "vintage-inspired" details:) Thanks so much for playing the Curtain Call!

Kathy Martin said...

What a pretty card and great soft colors! Thanks for playing along at 2S4Y! :) Kathy

Shaz said...

You card is beautiful! Sorry to her about your Auntie Rosie. Sound like she will be greatly missed.

Alice said...

beautiful card! love the lacy trim in this!! thanks for playing with us this week at 2S4Y!! =)

shannon said...

great to add that lace on there...looks crocheted which i'm sure your aunt and mom would appreciate! the colors are warm and soothing.

farmhouse-story said...

sorry for your loss, heather. i'm sure your pretty card will be greatly appreciated.

Tracey said...

so sorry to hear about your Aunt :( YOur card is so soft and lovely!!!

Laurel said...

So sorry about your aunt. You have made such a pretty card.

Sarah said...

I am so sorry about your Aunt!
Gorgeous card you made there..that color combo is so soft and beautiful. The lace and butterflies are just perfect.

Margaret said...

So sorry for the loss of your aunt. So true that we should live and give each day as if it were our last and tell them that we love them. Hugs to you.

dstandard said...

Sorry for your loss - beautiful card!

cnelson said...

so sorry for your loss. this is such a beautiful card.

Unknown said...

This is a beautiful card for your Mom - I am sure she is will treasure it as she will the memories of her sister. Thanks for sharing with us
Take care
Kazan

Heather P. said...

This is beautiful! I'm so sorry about your loss. :(

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
site design by designer blogs